Monday, June 8, 2009

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall, Who Is The Tallest One Of All?

Ever since I was a teenager I struggled with my height. All of my friends - and to my dismay, all of the boys - were shorter than me. In order to fit in I used to duck my head, of course resulting in back pain for many years to come...
I come from an above average tall family - my mother, my sister and me are relatively tall women at 5 ft 8 ins (173 cm), my father is tall as well at 6 ft 1 in (185 cm) while my brother reached remarkable 6 ft 4 ins (193 cm)!!!
Well, I thought my family was tall until today when I came across an article on one of my favorite websites, oddee.com, titled 10 of the World's Tallest Women.

Yao Defen from China claims to be the tallest woman in the world. She is 7 ft 8 ins (233 cm) tall, weighs 440 lbs (200 kg) and has size 26 (UK) feet - just try to imagine that! (I've size 6 feet or a US size 8/European size 39 to give you an idea of how big her feet are.)
Currently the tallest man in the world is Chinese Bao Xishun who is 7 ft 9 ins (236 cm)!!!


No comments: