Friday, February 27, 2009

Carpe Diem - But What If There's Never Enough Day To Seize It?

Can you believe it's weekend again? Well, don't get me wrong, I don't want to complain about that: I love weekends like anybody else! But it just makes me mad that another week's gone - even another month and I haven't completed half of the tasks on my to-do list. Not only didn't I get done half of what I had to do but neither did I get done what I really wanted to do. 
With every year I grow older, I feel that time's passing faster. So fast, in fact, that I feel like the entire week is only about four days long. Of course this feeling makes me stressed out, and to be honest, also a little afraid. I have deadlines to meet and I'm working so much for meeting these deadlines that there's hardly no time left to have fun or to just relax. So you might say, "what about time-management?" I do use some techniques to get things done on time but I'm also a person who is somewhat allergic to routine
Right now I'm actually facing my greatest challenge: I am a distance student so I have to get my act together and force myself to study half of my day every day in order to pass the exams - a routine that I have to follow for a few years! Well, wish me luck (but most of all sufficient self-discipline)!
So, if someone out there has discovered a way to make time pass slower or at least to create the illusion of having more time, please let me know! - Carpe diem, everyone! ;)

No comments: